Happy Friday! With a potential hurricane headed our way here in Florida, this weekend is going to be a busy one prepping for the storm! If you’ve never lived somewhere where there are hurricanes- count yourself lucky. It’s pretty much the same as prepping for a snowstorm. (I mean…Or so I hear!) Grocery stores, Targets, Walmarts and BJs are all crazy. People are filling their gas tanks, stocking up on water and batteries and praying that it it’ll actually just be a good excuse to have a Netflix day! (You know… no work, but still power!)
ANYWAY! Hope you all have a lovely, lovely weekend. If you’re in FL or the path of this storm- stay safe! On to the weekly links and codes:
- Now You Can Post Landscape & Portrait Photos On Instagram- Refinery 29: This news is a total gamechanger! With the latest instagram update, you are no longer limited to posting square photos on Insta, OR messing up your grid with a weirdly cropped landscape or portrait! Your photo will show up in-feed as a landscape or portrait, but still keep your grid as a square… AMAZING AMAZING NEWS!! (Get ready for some full OOTD selfies!)
- Love the low heel on these lace up beauties… definitely a fall wardrobe staple, under $100!
- Yes, Tontouring (Contouring With Self-Tanner) Is a Thing- Cosmopolitan: The newest trend in contouring?? TONtouring… contouring with sunless tanner. I’ve been too scared to try this, but am going to attempt it… just think of how easy it’ll make your beauty routine! (Note: shouldn’t it be TANtouring?)
- This comfy easy dress is total fall perfection. Plus, you can totally dress it up or down. And it’s only $20!
- How Instagram is Changing the Way Brands Look at Photography, Online and Beyond- Adweek: I found this article on Adweek about how Instagram has changed the game for brand photography… and it’s so true! Check it out for some fascinating case studies.
- The PERF weekender: Found. (And it’s under $100!)
- Inspired Idea: New Tech August Wallpapers- Laurenconrad.com: Looking for a cute new tech wallpaper? I love the flamingoes!!
- Need this little peplum top!! So cute with a dark skinny or a leather legging, no? (Under $50!)
- Less Sequins, More Denim: J. Crew Promises to Focus on ‘Heritage’ Items This Fall- Stylecaster: I’ll be honest, to me, this is not welcome news. I LOVE the sequins at J.Crew. I truly don’t think that the problem is that it’s too “fashion”. I think the problem is the PRICE! THAT’s why Madewell is doing so much better, it’s a more realistic price point. I love the sequins at J.Crew, I just won’t buy them because, hello, who’s paying $500 for something from J. Crew?
Weekend Sales to Check Out:
- American Eagle // All AEO jeans BOGO 50% off. // Take 35% off when you use the AEO/Aerie app to shop
- Ann Taylor // All full-price dresses on sale for $89.50 & skirts on sale for $49/50 w/ code: DRESSFORIT
- ASOS // Final clearance items further reduced up to 70% off
- Banana Republic // Extra 50% off women’s sale w/ code: BRSALE
- BaubleBar // Ear We Go Sale: buy 2 save 20% off buy 3+ save 30% on all ear jackets and ear crawlers.
- Express // All women’s jeans on sale for $39.90
- Gap: // Fall Access Event: up to 40% off dresses, denim layers and more
- J. Crew // Take 25% off select shirts, t-shirts, & sweaters for women & men / Take 25% off select back to school favorites for girls & boys w/ code: SHOPNOW
- J. Crew Factory // Take 25% off your order of $100+ w/ code: ADDTOBAG
- Kohl’s // Semi-annual sale. (Lowest prices of the season!) This sale is awesome and runs twice a year!
- LOFT // 50% off sale // Earn $25 LOFT Cash for every $50 you spend
- Nine West // BOGO 50% off
- Old Navy // Pre-fall sale up to 50% off everything // Take 25% off purchase of $75+ w/ code: ENJOY
- Ulta // $3.50 off $10 purchase w/ code: 307393
xx SRead More »