I LOVE a good beauty cheapie. There are so many great products out on the market that can make you look like a million without breaking the bank. Whereas certain products, like foundation and beauty serums tend to be something I’d say to invest money in, there are tons of great, affordable options for lipsticks, face washes and illuminators… there’s definitely no reason you HAVE to splurge. I’ve rounded up 10 great beauty cheapies you should scoop up ASAP.
1. Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Oil for Face and Hair: I’ve read countless articles extolling the virtues of using oil on your face to fight breakouts. While it seems counter-intuitive to introduce oil somewhere you already may HAVE an oil problem, the reason is simple: oil restores balance to the skin and keeps it hydrated, which is actually the reason WHY we break out in the first place. This oil is a twofer- you can use it on your hair AND your face… all for $5.99.
2. ELF High Definition Powder: You’ll be hard pressed to find another HD setting powder for $6. HD powders give your face a flawless finish and keep your make up from straying. Pro tip: make sure you blend well so as to avoid an unfortunate white powder incident ala Angelina…
3. The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil: I love tea tree oil for fighting breakouts. Dab it on a pimple and it shrivels up and dries. Just keep in mind it totally smells like gasoline, but no fear- that just means it’s working. $9.50
4. ELF Natural Eyelashes: Fall is the perfect time to add a little drama to your night out look. Love the look of dramatic lashes, dewy skin, and a bold lip. Plus, these lashes are only $1.
5. NYX Matte Bronzer: A good matte bronzer that isn’t too orange is like the Holy Grail of beauty cheapies. Often, the bronzer is too orange, glittery, or just WRONG. This NYX bronzer is the perfect shade and has zero sparkle. Perfect for contouring! $8.99
6. Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette: Love a good eyeshadow palette! This one is chock full of beautiful neutral shades capable of creating tons of beautiful looks from natural, daytime eyes, to dramatic smoky looks. Plus, $9.99 for 12 shades? Can’t be beat.
7. NYX Liquid Illuminator: Liquid illuminator has literally changed my beauty life. Dab it in your inner eye corners, along your cheek bone, at your cupid’s bow, and on your brow bone to add a healthy glow to your skin. You’ll get tons of compliments. OR, mix it with your favorite matte foundation for a dewy finish.
8. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Anti Blemish Cleanser: This is my FAVORITE cleanser. I’ve been using it for years and my skin stays flawless. I love that it fights both wrinkles AND blemishes. Honestly, BOTH are concerns! The texture is creamy and soothing and my skin never feels dried out. $8.49
9. Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette: So many times, concealers don’t match our skin perfectly, which is TOTALLY counter productive. This palette lets you mix and match tones to find your perfect shade. (OK, it’s $10.49, but if you use a RedCard, as I do, and as you SHOULD, because it’s silly not to, it’s $9.96.)
10. Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor in Currant: This lipstick is one of my faves. It’s longwearing and lasts through eating, drinking, and basically anything. At $7.49, you can’t beat the price.