I feel like every month I start off my “10 Things to Try” post with… “Can you believe it’s (insert month here)?” But really… this year is flying by. The summer is already half over and I can’t even believe it. July is going to be a crazy busy month for me! Between Miami Swim Week, heading to Turks & Caicos on a cruise with my sister, and everything else going by, I’m sure this month will fly by too! There’s a lot of fun stuff coming up and I can’t wait to share what I’m working on! In the meantime, sharing my little list of 10 things to try!
1. Wear all white. Summer’s the perfect time to try a fresh white-on-white look… plus, it’ll keep you cool. (BONUS!) Try a ripped white skinny jean and an easy white top; pair with a nude wedge. (That’s the look I’m going for!)
2. Throw a 4th of July BBQ. Nothing says America like a patriotic themed bbq. Go for string lights, pretty floral arrangements, and I’m thinking an all-white tablescape with pops of red and blue.
3. Give a one-piece a shot. There are so many adorable one piece swimsuits out there, I’m thinking it’s time to give the bikini a break.
4. Find a fun beach bag. I’m hunting down a pretty straw bag with pom poms. NEED.
5. Swap your skinny leg for a retro flare. The 70s are back in a big way! Now’s the perfect time to scoop up a great flare leg jean. Pair with a wedge.
6. Give your blowdryer a break. This one’s tough for me, because my bangs NEED some heat styling. Going to give it a try, though! Scoop up a salt spray to give your hair that fresh from the beach texture.
7. Skip the foundation for a bronzing BB cream. When it’s majorly hot out, the LAST thing you want to do is slather your face with heavy product. ICK. Dying to try some of the bronzing BBs this summer to even skin tone, add a hint of color, and give me a healthy summer glow.
8. Catch a screening of Pixar’s Inside Out. I haven’t been this excited for a flick in a long time! Dying to see it!
9. Find a new Netflix show to binge. Right now, I’m watching Sons of Anarchy and am totally obsessed. (WEIRD RIGHT? IT’S SO GOOD.) Next up, I’m thinking I need to catch up on Orange is the New Black. What should I get into next?? Taking suggestions!
Tell me in the comments: what are you trying this month??