There’s just something about September that feels refreshing and rejuvenating. Blame it on the ‘Back to School’ mindset instilled in us since we were young, but come September 1, I FEEL like it’s Fall, don’t you? Even though the new season doesn’t officially kick off until September 23, I’m desperate to leave summer behind and start on autumn. (I’m sure the fact that it’s 90 degrees outside today doesn’t help!) I’ve made a list of 10 things I want to try in September and you should, too!
1. Culottes. The first time I spotted culottes in a mag, I was intrigued. I’m typically open minded to new trends and interested in experimenting with them in a way that makes sense in my wardrobe. I’m a fashion optimist. I think that if you love something and want to wear it, you should! I think you can figure out a way to make most anything chic. (Tips: wear heels, make sure the length is flattering, and keep it polished.)
2. Wearing white after Labor Day. Fashion rules were made to be broken. I’m all for wearing white after Labor Day, as long as you keep the look seasonally appropriate. Skip sandals, crochet, linen, and only wear white denim if you’re doing a darker look. (ie: no head-to-toe white denim looks! OR white denim jackets.) If you’re looking to make something look a little more autumn, try adding a leather moto jacket or a pair of suede ankle booties.
3. Shop the Altuzarra for Target collection. The anticipated Altuzarra for Target collection launches September 14th, make sure you outline your plan of attack before hitting the stores. Check out the lookbook.
4. A deep berry lip. My absolute favorite beauty look for fall is a berry lip, dewy skin, and a top knot.
Berry Lipsticks I Love
5. A pumpkin scented candle. Nothing says fall like the scent of pumpkin. Kick off the season with a delicious candle to get you in the spirit.
Yummy Pumpkin Candles
6. Metallic Birkenstocks. (hey, it’s still summer!) We still have a few weeks left of summer, and I suggest that we take full advantage and take the plunge on metallic Birks.
Cute Metallic Birks
7. Upgrade your office supplies. I don’t know about you, but I totally miss school supply shopping. Get your fix by upgrading your office supplies. Why not? You need them!
Glam Office Supplies
8. Get organized. Transitioning to a new season is the perfect time to refocus, get organized, and re-prioritize. I’m cleaning out my closet, making a list of goals for the next month, and really focusing on buckling down. (By the way, need help editing down your closet or figuring out what you need for the next season? Let’s work together!)
9. Try out Oyster for unlimited books. I got a two month free trial with Gilt City, and just downloaded the Oyster app… let me tell you, I’m in LOVE! Unlimited books all for $9.95 a month. (Which is basically what you pay for one book.) I’ve been perusing the catalogue,and anything you could want to read is there! My book list is full of fashion reads, biographies, NYTimes fiction best sellers, and business self help books.
10. Rewatch Gossip Girl on Netflix. (or watch for the first time!) I just re-watched the whole series on Netflix… and it made me miss it so much! They really just don’t make shows like that anymore. It amazed me how relevant the fashion still is! I had forgotten a lot about the series and thoroughly enjoyed revisiting it. I’m only sad that it’s over… again!