HAPPY SATURDAY! I meant to post yesterday, but we were driving up to Tallahassee to pick up my sister Megan from her first semester at Florida State University. (Summer session!) I stayed in her dorm room last night and we’re going to finish moving out before heading home later today. (SHORT TRIP!) I love coming back to my alma mater… it’s always felt like home here.
Sunday I’m actually heading to Ikea to FINALLY, FINALLY buy a full length floor mirror. (For mirror selfies, duh.) Make sure you follow along on Snapchat and Insta, as always! On to the links and sales:
- Is the Work Wife the New BFF? – Refinery 29: Found this piece on Refinery 29 about “the work wife” to be fascinating- and so true! The funny thing about blogging is that since it’s so solitary and you work alone, you find yourself gravitating towards other bloggers. I feel like whenever I need to vent about work or something going on in the blogosphere, I immediately go to one of my blogger besties. What do you think about the “work wife” phenomenon?
- Two words. Flamingo skirt.
- Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy Announce Split – CNN: Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert, Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale, Jen and Ben… this summer’s been a rough one for celeb breakups. The latest split? Miss Piggy and Kermit. CAN’T EVEN. Between you and me, I always thought Kermit could do better, Miss Piggy treated him horribly. In any case, this totally reminds me of that huge campaign Mattel ran a few years ago where Ken tried to win back Barbie… seriously, the best marketing campaign ever.
- Eyeing this blush vest. Perfect layering piece, under $100.
- The NEW IFB: if you’re a fashion blogger, you may be aware of Independent Fashion Bloggers or IFB…a site all about the business of fashion blogging. The site has undergone a leadership change and a redesign and I’m interested to see where it goes next! If you’ve never checked it out, there are tons of valuable posts about everything from monetization to SEO to brand partnerships. Check it out.
- Just got my first pair of sunglasses from Ditto’s Endless Eyewear program! This is the pair I got!! OBSESSED. I wore them in my post yesterday. (Don’t forget: you can get a free month with code: ASPARKLEFACTOR)
- WME-IMG Locks Down Lexus Sponsorship, New Logo for NYFW – Fashionista: Well, well, well. What do we have here? FINALLY some answers! Since Mercedes-Benz pulled out sponsorship a few months back, the fashion world has been WAITING to see what was going to happen next. FINALLY we have an answer. (and a new sponsor!) Miami Swim was a mess without an official sponsor. While I’m sure it’ll take a minute to smooth out the kinks, things are definitely looking up for NYFW. What do you think of the new logo?? (I think it’s WAY better than the dated mess the CFDA tried to put forth last season!)
Ann Taylor // BOGO 50% off w/ code: GET50
Banana Republic // Take 25% off purchase w/ code: BRSAVE
BaubleBar // Buy 3 rings, save 15%. Buy 5 rings, save 20%
Express // Take $25 off every $100 you spend w/ code: 1224
Gap: // Take 40% off your purchase w/ code: GAPFAM
J. Crew // Take an extra 30% off sale styles + an extra 50% off final sale styles w/ code: COOLSALE
J. Crew Factory // Take 20% off your order of $100+ w/ code: WEATHERESE
LOFT // Take $25 off dresses + skirts // take an extra 60% off sale styles // take 50% off select summer styles
Nine West // All sale sandals $29.99+ // Semi-annual sale up to 70% off
Old Navy // 30% off $75 w/ code: ENJOY // Back to School sale
Sole Society // Summer sale up to 60% off