Even though it’s technically still summer until September 23rd, the beginning of September just FEELS like fall, doesn’t it? (Well, I imagine in other parts of the country it does. Here in Miami, it’s 100 degrees, as it always is, so it just always feels the same. We’re left to WONDER what other seasons feel like!) I really do love summer, but Fall is such a great time! It’s cool without being freezing, you can wear boots, faux furs… it was always one of my favorite seasons in New York. (I love spring, too!) In the spirit of autumn, it’s time to share my 10 things to try in September list!
10 Things to Try in September
1. Transition your closet from summer to fall. September is the beginning of cooler temps, so it’s the perfect time to prep your closet for the new season. Put away all your summery dresses and bring out your knits, furs, and leathers! Swap our your sandals for booties and make sure you’re fully stocked on black opaque tights!
2. Scoop up some suede fringe ankle booties. Fringe is a huge fall trend, so if you haven’t already, scoop up some fringe ankle booties. They’ll still work in the last days of summer and be the perfect complement for your fall staples. I’m particularly loving more of a taupe suede fringe moment. (I just picked up these on major sale!) Check out some great options below:
3. Experiment with some pumpkin recipes. Although pumpkin season heats up in October, it’s a good time to start researching some great recipes early. I personally love this recipe for a 100 calorie pumpkin tartlet! It’s DELICIOUS and not at all fattening. (WIN!)
4. Ditto’s Endless Eyewear. I’ve mentioned Ditto’s Endless Eyewear program before, but will continue singing its praises! I kind of just think that you should do it EVERY month. Maybe what I’ll do is recommend a pair to try every month, sound good? (In case this is your first time hearing about it- Ditto’s Endless Eyewear Program is basically Netflix for amazing designer sunglasses. Pay $19 a month and swap out your sunnies as much as you want!) This month, everyone is DYING for these Prada beauties… and you can snag them at Ditto!! Snag a FREE month with my code: asparklefactor. Check out a few other pairs I have my little eyes on:
5. Refresh your jewelry box with Rocksbox. Another “Netflixesque” service, this time for jewelry. You may have checked out my previous post in which I unboxed my latest Rocksbox.(If not, check it out!) My favorite thing about Rocksbox is the designers! Loren Hope, Kendra Scott, Gorjana… all of my fave brands! (Plus, if you decide to buy something from your set, you get a discount.. and $10 shine spend per month!) I’m always posting about Rocksbox, but definitely wanted to remind you about it! Don’t forget- you get a free month if you sign up with the code: stephaniexoxo3
6. Clean up your workspace. Fall ultimately inspires organization; take this time to clean out your desk, file away any unnecessary papers, and basically just get yourself organized. Having a clean workspace inspires productivity!
7. Try Clinique’s complimentary You-Time services. You may have seen my post yesterday about my experience at the Clinique counter testing out their “You-Time” services… this month, you should give them a try.
8. Read Mindy Kaling’s new book! I adore Mindy. If you haven’t read her first book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?, you should definitely do that! Her new book, Why Not Me? is now out and I just snagged copy! Can’t wait to dive in and read. (Btw- bonus tip: this month, The Mindy Project hits Hulu on September 15th. I was so sad when it was canceled, but was then SUPER excited when Hulu picked it up! Plus, now we’ll be getting a SUPER SIZED season!)
9. Upgrade your bag with a luxe tote. There’s just something about a tote bag that I love. Swap out your bag for a sleek, timeless tote. It’ll instantly elevate any outfit. I love this one.
10. Watch my new favorite show on Hulu: You’re the Worst. I LOVE this show! It’s hilarious and witty, and I love the characters. The best way I can describe the show is Trainwreck meets Happy Endings meets Girls. It’s a non-traditional rom-com about two people who hate relationships, but ultimately find themselves in one. It’s funny and honest and I love it! The first season is only 10 episodes and is available now on Hulu. The second season premieres on September 9th on FXX.
So that’s the 10 things I’LL be trying in September! How about you? What’s on your list? Tell me in the comments: will you be trying any of these things?