Happy Friday! This was just one of those weeks that felt like TWO weeks in one! I feel like I was so busy this week, but am not really quite sure WHAT I got done. (Don’t you hate that?!) This weekend, I have a few things going on, but I’m mainly going to try to relax and get some work done. I think my family and I may do something to celebrate my bday over the weekend, but we haven’t even discussed it yet!
My birthday is on TUESDAY! I’m prepping for the big day and getting A HAIR MAKEOVER on Monday! I’m really nervous and excited, but I can’t wait for you to see it. Make sure you’re following on Snapchat to get a sneak peek! (username: stephaniepernas) I may also try my hand at Periscope… I’ve never tried it before, it looks so cool! So, make sure you’re following me on there and on Twitter. I literally have NO idea what I’m going to do to celebrate. 31, ick. Any ideas? Let me know!
Our last family photo, Let’s not discuss my insane platinum hair.
On a more serious note… today is a really hard and sad day for me and for my family. It’s the two year anniversary of my Dad passing away. If you’ve never heard that story… check out my Meet Stephanie page for a little bit about that. I miss my Dad every day, but am so relieved to know that one day, we’ll see each other again. Losing my Dad and all that came after it, (leaving my job at Teen Vogue, moving back home, starting A Sparkle Factor) just goes to show that you can make all the plans you want, but ultimately, you can’t control ANYTHING.
[pullquote width=”300″ float=”left”]For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” -Jeremiah 29:11.[/pullquote]
Sometimes, the plans you make for yourself aren’t anywhere near as big as the ones God has for you and your life. Our perspective is SO LIMITED. We have no idea what the Big Picture is. If you’re going through a hard time, rest assured that on the other side of the trial, there’s more than you ever thought possible for yourself.
It blows my mind how SMALL the plans I had made for myself were. To me, a “dream job” at Teen Vogue was The Dream. Never in a million years would I have thought that The Dream was really creating my OWN platform where I could share my life, thoughts, dreams, ideas, inspirations and connect with amazing and wonderful girls like YOU! I had no idea the plans that God had for me. But I should’ve. Beautiful things can come from painful situations, if we keep our eyes focused on what matters and never lose faith.
Thank you so much for being here for me on my journey. I love you all and am so grateful we can have this time together every day.
Tonight, to celebrate Dad’s life, we’re volunteering our time as a fam to an organization that means a lot to us, Feed My Starving Children. FMSC is a Christian non-profit that is committed to feeding and nourishing children in impoverished countries all over the world. It is an AMAZING organization that does WONDERFUL work and literally saves the lives of thousands of children. If you’re interested, you should absolutely find a way to get involved, either by donating your time or money. I highly recommend it.
Now! I’m a little teary-eyed, so let’s wipe our eyes and move on to the fun because It’s FRI-YAY! Time for my weekly links and special Columbus day sale codes:
How to Dress for Fall When it Still Feels Like Summer – Who What Wear: Writing down all of these great style tips, because #Miami.
How great are these Topshop high heel laceups? Love the red color, they’d look amazing with a cuffed boyfriend jean.
How to Do Your Makeup Like Taylor Swift – Byrdie Beauty: Get Tay’s classic beauty look in a couple of easy peasy steps. Taking notes. PS: it wasn’t mentioned in the post, but Taylor ACTUALLY uses Mac ‘Ruby Woo’ to get her perfect pout.
I really just need to buy these gorgeous Nine West captoe t-straps already!! I saw them on Jamie Chung, and they’re SO GOOD. (There’s a BOGO 50% off, so it might be the perfect time to grab them!)
This Pocket Size Camera Takes Pro Level Photos – Refinery 29: A tiny camera that does the same work as my DSLR?? Sign me up! Is this the future of fashion blog photography?
Go ahead and add this suede fringe skirt to my wishlist. (And it’s under $50!)
Loving this supercute ring trio from Baublebar!
Fall Makeup Inspiration – The Beauty Department: This copper smokey eye tutorial is on MY to-try list, definitely. Copper is way more flattering on me than a black or brown smokey eye. Give it a whirl this fall! You’ll be surprised at how flattering and versatile it is.
- Ann Taylor // 40% off full price styles w/ code: SHOPFALL
- Banana Republic // 40% off purchase w/ code: BRSAVE
- Boohoo // extra 30% off w/ code: TREATS
- Club Monaco // extra 40% off w/ code: 4040SALE
- Express // $25 off every $100 w/ code: 1323 // 40% off all outerwear, sweaters, and jeans
- French Connection // BOGO 50% off w/ code: COZY4U
- Gap: // Buy 3 items save 40%, buy 2 items save 30%, buy 1 item save 20% w/ code: MORE
- GiGi New York // 25% off w/ code: WEAREFAMILY
- J. Crew // 30% off full price styles / extra 40% off final sale styles w/ code: WEEKEND
- J. Crew Factory // 50% off women’s and men’s styles / 40% off girls’ and boys’ styles
- Kate Spade // extra 25% of w/ code: SWEET
- Kendra Scott // extra 15% off markdowns (the Brennan ring set in rose gold that I ALWAYS wear is on sale for $54.97!)
- Kohl’s // extra 20% off purchase w/ code: COLUMBUS20 // $10 off women’s comfort and athletic shoe purchase of $50+ w/ code: MADE4WALKIN // $50 off luggage purchase of $200+ w/code: LUGGAGE50 // $10 off home purchase of $50+ w/ code: HOME10
- LOFT // 50% off fall styles and all sale styles
- Lord & Taylor // 20% off w/ code: COLUMBUS
- Macy’s // Buy more, save more, up to 20% off w/ code: FALL
- Madewell // 30% off fall styles w/ code: HIGHFALL
- Nine West // BOGO 50% off
- Old Navy // 60% off throughout the store // extra 30% off clearance w/ code: JACKPOT
- Rebecca Minkoff // Buy more, save more, up to 30% off
- Steve Madden // BOGO 50% off w/ code: WOW (this is a great time to scoop up the GORGEOUS as seen in this post!)
- Target // extra 10% off furniture
- Ulta // $3.50 off $10 purchase w/ code: 302385
- West Elm // 20% off clearance w/ code: SETSALE
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you have an AMAZING weekend. Tell me what you’re up to in the comments! (Also- feedback on what I should do for the big 3-1!)