Happy Friday! For many, it’s a long weekend right?? Not here… lol! I’m not big on Halloween, so we tend to skip it. This weekend, I’m looking forward to getting ahead of the game and getting some work done, and HELLO can you believe that Sunday is November 1st?! I can’t believe it’s already the holiday season. I’m planning a lot of great stuff for the next couple of months, but I’d love to know what YOU’D want to see on the blog! Gift Guides, outfit inspiration? Tell me in the comments and I’ll work it into the calendar! On to the links and sales!
How to Clean Suede Shoes & Heels – Shoe Tease: I mean, I had no idea how to clean suede before I read this thorough post on Shoe Tease. (I love her, btw!) With winter around the corner, it’s definitely something you should file under ‘Must Know’.
This seems like the perfect white button down… and it’s only $27!
Chanel Will Present Its Cruise 2017 Collection in Havana, Cuba – Fashionista: I am deeply saddened by the news that Karl has decided to head to Cuba with the Chanel Cruise collection. With the lift of travel embargoes on Cuba, bloggers and influencers have been flocking to Cuba and snapping photo after photo of the “beautiful” country, its “charming” architecture and its “timeless” quality. As a first generation Cuban-American, I find most of the comments these influencers make to be both offensive and ignorant. Oh, yes. Abject poverty, decades of repression, and a cruel dictatorship that strips its people of all rights is absolutely SUPER CHIC. These bloggers go to Cuba and take photos next to crumbling, dilapidated buildings that are factories enslaving hundreds or workers, or buildings that house huge families in tiny, filthy living quarters. While they’re enjoying their mojitos on the beach, generations of people have suffered, with not even enough food to feed their families. You know a REAL story that someone I KNOW has told me about Cuba? That their family would bread a dirty dish towel and fry it to eat because they had no food and were starving. A DISH TOWEL. Super glamorous, right?! These bloggers that exhort their followers to “go before it changes!” break my heart. If you want to go to Cuba, because it’s a beautiful country, I understand. I don’t agree, but I understand. At least while you’re there, educate yourself on the cruel injustices its people suffer, and use your platform to bring attention to the atrocities that are committed DAILY. OK, that was super heavy for a Friday, right?! On to lighter fare 😉
Halloween Macarons & Spooky Sprinkled Oreos – Laurenconrad.com: I’m a sucker for a macaron, and these are too cute! I don’t like skeletons, so i may stick to the pumpkin looking ones 😉
A cool looking over the knee boot for under $60? Sign me up!
These tassel earrings are FIRE and only $12.99!
Selena Gomez is Coming Back to TV- & It’s MAJOR – Refinery 29: I really loved Jay Asher’s 13 Reasons Why, and am really looking forward to the Netflix adaptation! Now if only Selena agrees to star in it…
Can’t stop thinking about this faux leather fringe skirt I styled for Miami International Mall’s Pink Party last weekend. It’s only $35!
- Ann Taylor // take an extra 60% off sale styles
- Anthropologie // take an extra 30% off sale items w/ code: XTRAXTRA
- Banana Republic // take 30% off pants w/ code: BRBETTER // cardmembers save 35% off w/ code: BRCARD
- Gap: // 35% off purchase w/ code: STYLE // cardmembers take 40% off w/ code: REWARD
- J. Crew // $25 off $125+, $75 off $250+ w/ code: EVERYTHING
- J. Crew Factory // take an extra 31% off + free shipping w/ code: SPOOKY
- Kohl’s // 3 day sale featuring 50% off specials // Get $10 Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent // rewards members take an extra 20% off and earn triple points // take an extra 10% off cold weather accessories w/ code: COZY10 // extra 15% off when you buy select Halloween costumes online and pick them up in-store w/ code: HOCUSPOCUS // take an extra 15% off winter boots w/ code: WARMUPS // take an extra 15% off home decor, furniture and holiday entertaining essentials w/ code: ENTERTAIN15 // take an extra 20% off bedding w/ code: BEDDING20
- LOFT // take 50% off wear-now styles + all sale styles
- Madewell // take an extra 20% off all sale styles w/ code: META20
- Nine West // take an extra 20% off all sale
- Old Navy // use your SuperCash! (I have $30 to spend, so you can bet I will be!) // take 25% off w/ code: COOLSTYLE
- Ulta // take $3.50 off $10 purchase w/ code: 308196
Thanks so much for reading! Make sure you hit the comments to tell me what type of holiday content you’d like to see on ASF. Have a great weekend!