Happy Friday! First week of November down, can you even believe it? I’ll be honest, I have holiday on the brain in a very, very real way. Thanksgiving is in a couple of weeks, Christmas is right around the corner… eek! It’s truly the most wonderful time of year! Now if only the weather would cooperate and we’d get some cool autumn days…!
I’m really excited about some of the content I have lined up for next week- some great outfits, my go-to red lipsticks, perfect for the holiday season, and I’m going to introduce all of the holiday resources I’m going to be incorporating into the site over the next few weeks! I LOVE holiday shopping and I’m definitely going to be your go-to gal this season! Gift guides, outfit inspiration, sale alerts, you name it. I’ll go into more detail next week, but I’d love to know- what do you want to see?? Tell me in the comments!
Links I Loved This Week
Lash Strip Tricks for Beginners – The Beauty Department: If you’re a novice when it comes to falsies like I am, you’ll find this step-by-step guide to lash application wildly helpful. Especially with the holidays around the corner and all the parties coming up, you’ll be glad you checked it out.
How adorbs are these little key chains/bag charms? If you’re looking for a cute and affordable Fendi pom dupe, here ya go.
5 Ways to Actually Get Something at the Balmain x H&M Launch – Marie Claire: This funny piece on Marie Claire totally cracked me up! ICYMI, Balmain x H&M launched yesterday, people went WILD, the site crashed, everything sold out, and people are selling their duds on EBay for $5k. INSANITY. To be honest, I’m feeling wary and over these designer collabs. The hype, the hysteria… it’s not worth it. Plus, the fact that these people only know what Balmain is because of the Kardashians makes me ill. Truth moment: you don’t need some silly designer collab to be chic.
Found: the perfect holiday pump for under $100!
The Inevitable Take Down of 18-Year-Old Viral Instagram Star Essena O’Neill Begins – Elle: You Tuber Essena O’Neill’s dramatic exit from the social media world caused quite the stir last week, and EVERYONE has an opinion. If you haven’t heard, here’s the skinny: the 18-year-old decried and “quit” social media, changed all of her Instagram captions to reflect “the truth” behind the photos, and supposedly shut down all of her social accounts. (Which, she didn’t, she just changed platforms from You Tube to Vimeo.) Elle published an interesting piece about how other You Tubers and vloggers have rushed to attack her and call her out for being a faker and for doing it all for even more attention, which, has worked. You should read the piece, it’s really interesting. My thoughts? I sort of agree with the You Tubers who are criticizing her motives, and while I absolutely understand the logic behind Essena’s exit, I think it’s absurd in many ways. Yes, a lot of what’s on social media isn’t necessarily “real life.” Instagram is naturally a heavily curated platform. It’s WORK to create beautiful and interesting images. But it’s FUN work. If you’re putting yourself out there in the digital space as a content creator, it’s inevitable that you’ll put thought and effort into it. Branding yourself SHOULD seem effortless. that’s the whole point, and while Essena seems to have the biggest problem with making money off of her social accounts and profiting from brand relationships, I have to disagree with all of that. First of all, if she’s making money off of those photos, they should all have been originally tagged as #ad or #spon. If she didn’t, not only was it unethical, it was illegal. Your reader legally needs to know when you’re creating something or payment. If you’re doing that, I don’t see what the big deal is. There should be an element of fantasy and aspiration if you’re JOB is creating beautiful content. Agree? Disagree?
Obsessed with this little ruffled dress, and it’s under $50!
Nordstrom is already kicking off gift giving season with their epic holiday pages!
Online Sale Codes
- Ann Taylor // $50 off full price dresses
- Banana Republic // 40% off purchase w/ code: BRSALE
- Forever 21 // up to 50% off select fall styles
- Gap: // 40% off purchase w/ code: WOW
- J. Crew // 25% off select best-selling styles + extra 30% off sale styles w/ code: GETSHOPPING
- J. Crew Factory // extra 35% off w/ code: YOUWIN
- Kohl’s // $10 off purchase of $25+ w/ code: VETERANS10 // 40-50% off outerwear and cold weather accessories // The Great Boot Sale; boots priced at $29.99, $39.99, + $49.99 // 10-50% off toys // extra 20% off jewelry and watches already marked down 20-60% off w/ code: JEWELRY20
- LOFT // $20 off all regular price pants + skirts // extra 60% off all sale styles
- Madewell // 25%off select bags, boots + sweaters w/ code: FALLREVAMP
- Nine West // mid-season sale up to 50% off fall styles
- Nordstorm // fall clearance save up to 40% on favorite styles for men, women and kids
- Old Navy // 40% off $100 purchase w/ code: ENJOY // entire store on sale up to 60% off // free shipping with any outerwear purchase w/ code: OUTERWEAR
- Sole Society // 30-50% off select styles (ends Friday!)
- Ulta // 20% off one item w/ code: 306121
Thanks for reading! Have an amazing weekend! BTW- tell me in the comments: what do you want to see on the site this holiday season???