Happy (Good!) Friday! It’s Easter weekend, and if you follow me on Snapchat or Instagram, you KNOW it’s been “a week.” Very busy. We’re hosting Easter brunch tomorrow afternoon instead of on Sunday, since Megan has to go back to school. We wanted to be able to relax and enjoy the day as a family, without having to rush her to the bus back to Tallahasse at, like, noon. (Oh em gee, did you catch us at Walmart on Wednesday night at midnight?! Crazy!) So we’re in full on prep mode; baking and all that good stuff. I got the cutest romper from Target to wear, I can’t wait for you to see it!
In the meantime, let’s check out the links and sales!
This week on A Sparkle Factor…
Shared a little bit about the Sudo App, a new way to protect your info online when you’re shopping or dating
Gave my 10 tips for working from home, without losing your mind. (Based on a few weeks where I’ve lost my mind!)
Celebrated National Puppy Day with Pebbles and Penny and shared my absolute #1 beauty essential for getting the perfect red lip every. single. time.
Links I loved…
I have been dyyyying to try Colourpop cosmetics, after hearing so many amazing things about the line. (BTW- beauty bloggers in the know SWEAR that the Kylie Lip Kits are just repackaged Colourpop lippies! At triple the price, of course, because Colourpop is $5!!!) I’m going to place an order and let you know what I think, definitely, but if you’re tried the line, I’d love to hear what your thoughts are! Hit the comments and lemme know.
This little denim dress is so cute and on sale today only for $10!!
I mentioned earlier this week that I went to dinner with the Taudrey girls to check out the spring 2016 collection and it’s so FREAKING CUTE! If you love affordable, personalized jewels, you’ll want everything. You must check out the line ASAP!
Still can’t stop thinking about this bag it must mean that I need it, right?
There was a lot of talk this week about President Obama’s visit to Cuba. Top fashion bloggers flooded our Instagram feeds with snaps from their own recent trips to the island, which both hurt my heart and sparked many a controversy in the comments sections. I cringe every time I read someone’s flip comment that they want to “go visit before it changes!” I’ve lately realized that while the struggles of the Cuban people are something that Miamians and Cuban-Americans like myself are so familiar with, most people in the rest of the country NEVER hear about it and are unfamiliar. I’ve mentioned in the past my feelings about Cuba (when it was announced that Karl would take Chanel to Cuba for a fashion show next year) and I’ve had friends ask me WHY I feel so strongly against it, and what exactly it is that bothers me so. Aren’t I happy that people are paying attention? Aren’t I glad money is being “given to the people through their travels?” The short answer is NO, because the people aren’t seeing any of that money. While I agree that Cuba is a beautiful country and I myself would love to go visit, I couldn’t live with myself knowing that in doing so, I would be directly funding a regime who keeps its people in abject poverty and withholds the most basic of human rights. This article puts it all so succinctly, and it’s definitely worth a read.
We’re hosting Easter brunch tomorrow (!!) and we’re in full-on prep mode. I’ve been taking inspiration from Pinterest and fell in love with these pretty spring treats on Laurenconrad.com
I was reading this article about why Brittany Murphy’s sudden death of “natural causes’ is still suspicious, 6 years later. I had no idea! I thought she just OD’d. I loved her movies! SUPER suspicious that her hubby died in the same exact, rare way 5 months later!
JUST ordered these sandals, they’re getting here next week. CAN’T WAIT.
Online sales you can’t miss…
- Ann Taylor // 40% off almost everything w/ code: MARCH40 // free shipping on orders $175+ or $8.95 flat rate shipping
- Banana Republic // 40% off purchase w/ code: BRSPRING // free shipping on orders of $50+ and free returns on everything
- Express // 40% off everything
- Forever 21 // buy 4 sale items, take 40% off w/ code: EXTRA40B // Buy 3 sale items, take 30% off w/ code: EXTRA30 // Buy 2 sale items, take 20% off w/ code: EXTRA20 // free shipping on all orders $50+
- Gap: // extra 25% off purchase w/ code: HOPTOIT
- J. Crew // 25% off your purchase w/ code: SHOPMORE // free shipping on order of $150+ pr $5 flat rate shipping
- J. Crew Factory // 50% off purchase + an extra 40% off clearance w/ code: EGGSCELLENT
- Kate Spade // extra 2%% off all sale w/ code: HOPTOIT
- LOFT // 30% off almost everything + 40% off select spring styles
- Nine West // Friends + family sale: 30% off everything
- Old Navy // 30% off order // hop in sale: up to 50% off // women’s dresses starting at $15
- Sole Society // 30% off select spring pumps / free shipping on all orders $50+
- Ulta // $3.50 off $10 purchase w/ code: 403512
A few great sale finds….
Thanks so much for reading! Have a great weekend and HAPPY EASTER!