Happy Friday! I hope you girls had a great week! This week flew by for me, but I feel like I really got a lot accomplished! For the first time in awhile, I feel semi caught up, which is an amazing feeling! Really trying to keep the streak alive and stay on top of things over the next few weeks. You know how it goes though… breathing room. Just when you get caught up, you need to plow right through and keep the momentum, lest you fall behind again.
Also, is it just me, or is there a major TV void right now? The only good night is THURSDAY! Basically nothing else is on! Ugh. At least we have TGIT! What are you guys watching?? I need some recos. As I mentioned before, I’m finally getting on the Friday Night Lights bandwagon, but I’m not really sold. Tell me it gets better?
Also reading The Bell Jar which is totally weird and depressing. (I mean, I knew it was, but whatever. It’s just one of those books you have to read right?) Send over your book recommendations too!!
This week on A Sparkle Factor…
… a spring/summer ready $35 little white dress that you NEED to have in your closet.
… the cutest fringe skirt set you’ve ever seen in your LIFE.
… a fun black and off white print mix that’s probably my fave blog look, ever.
Links I loved…
I’m still learning HOW to arrange flowers, so this lesson from the queen of soirees herself, Lauren Conrad, was definitely helpful! This excerpt from her new book, Celebrate is a must-read for the budding hostess.
Basically everyone has these shoes all of the sudden and I now realize that I NEED THEM.
Seriously, beyond horrified and disgusted by the news that Cuban-Americans like my parents and grandparents are legally FORBIDDEN to book cruises to Cuba. Not that they would even GO, because giving money to the Cuban government is unthinkable, but that’s fine, discrimination is cool too. Last time I checked, Cuban-Americans are still AMERICANS. But good job reinforcing all the reasons our people left in the first place.
So, Old Navy released a new pair of ‘Stay White’ jeans that are treated to basically repel all stains. News outlets from the Huffington Post to Refinery 29 tested out the claims, but Cosmo’s tests were the best. I need these jeans!!
Finally picked up this bag in the luggage color and am SO GLAD I did!
This Buzzfeed piece on why Andy’s friends in The Devil Wears Prada are the actual WORST is sooo dead on and all the things I’ve always thought. if you want a chuckle and love the movie (duh) it’s a must-read.
Online sales you CAN’T miss…
- Ann Taylor // 40% off wear-now styles
- Banana Republic // extra 40% off sale shoes, jewelry and accessories w/ code: BRSPOT
- BaubleBar // rings: by 3 save 15%, by 5+ save 20% // free shipping on all orders
- Bloomingdale’s // friends + family: 25% off everything w/ code: FRIENDS
- Express // extra 30% off clearance
- Gap: // 40% off purchase w/ code: FORYOU // free shipping on orders of $50+ and free returns on all purchases
- J. Crew // 30% off purchase w/ code: TIMETOSHOP // free shipping on all orders
- J. Crew Factory // 40-60% off everything + extra 40% off clearance w/ code: EXTRA40
- Kate Spade // 25% off purchase w/ code: YOUANDME
- LOFT // 30% off pants, jackets and skirts // extra 50% off all sale styles // free shipping on orders $125+
- Nine West // 25% off select dress styles
- Old Navy // 20% off w/ code: BIGSAVE // use you SuperCash, $10 for every $25 you spend until 4/14
A few great sale finds…
Thanks for reading!